WARRIORS FOR FREEDOM – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Are you passionate about community service and veterans? Would you like to help see a future where veterans have more access to events that also provide positive mental health therapy? Warriors for Freedom Foundation is looking for an Executive Director with the leadership skills, resourcefulness, and drive to design the strategic business planning process for expansion into new markets.
Our vision and position overview:
Warriors for Freedom’s vision is to increase opportunities for our nation’s heroes through work in two primary focus areas: 1) Provide purpose and camaraderie to our veterans; and 2) Expand current programs and create new programs for veterans that provide for better physical and mental health.
This is a hands-on position requiring total engagement and a drive to expand our veteran organization. The role requires successful coordination and communication with board members, veterans, veteran families, and active duty military. You will also foster relationships with a variety of donors, volunteers, other veteran non-profits and corporate sponsors.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the growth of our indoor and outdoor programs.
- Actively engage and energize Warriors for Freedom’s volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with staff and board members.
- Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Leads staff in planning, curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation of programs that support the mission and drive results toward a strategic vision.
- Develop program budget, and carefully manage sponsorship and donation income, as well as all expenses.
- Serve as the main contact and face of the non-profit with community groups, local media, etc.
- Manage a staff of 3 with a mission of growth.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Create or oversee all external communications, including signage, flyers, email blasts, press releases, web content, etc.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Manage, direct and lead Development Director and Operations Director.
Planning & New Business:
- Define specific organizational strategic goals for programs and fundraising with the tactical methodologies to accomplish them.
- Design and implement the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
- Foster relationships with civic partners, corporate sponsors, donors, and veterans through timely responses to requests and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain deep ties within the veteran community, and frequently attend and participate in community events.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly and singularly committed to the Warriors for Freedom Foundation and its mission statement. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Advanced degree preferred, ideally an MBA, at least 10 years of senior management experience a plus; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance-and outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Provide specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Proven expertise in developing and managing budgets of similar or larger sizes. Familiarity with nonprofit financial management best practices and reporting, including audit requirements and financial oversight.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing and new board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience.
- Comfortable engaging a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Grant writing, implementation and oversight preferred.
- Armed Service experience a plus.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org